Wednesday 18 October 2017

The sunset was this colour lastnight


Hello crafty friends, today I am showing you a sample card that I have made for Little Claire using one of their new dinkie stamps which they launched a couple of weeks ago. When I made this card it was still summer but now that the weather has turned and the nights are drawing in I can look at this and see that it captures the warmth of Africa whilst still having quite gentle colours.
 
 
 
what was used:
Crealies CLDRXL circles die
Butterfly punch
8" x 8" white base card
black & cream card
printed vellum
pink glitter card scraps
5mm black satin ribbon/bow
black Nuvo drops
Tim Holtz distress ink - mustard seed
black Versa Fine ink pad
4 x black brads
 
A very easy card to make. I simply coloured the bottom of the pink and yellow ombre paper with the mustard seed distress ink to make the colour more intense and then stamped the image and the sentiment over the top.
 
I worked from the centre out with the mat and layering and finally cut the 8" x 8" base card down to the required size.
 
I was lucky enough to have this beautiful vellum in my stash and that is why I used it but you could print out your own by using printable vellum or you could do away with the vellum all together and just use a nice vintage backing paper.
 
Use the brads to attach the vellum because any thing else will show through the vellum
 
 
I have been doing lots of samples for the Crafters Companion birthday week which begins tomorrow and that is why I have sadly not had time to blog - SORRY. I have done samples for the "bags of inspiration" shows and later on in the event you will see "foils and transfers" which I also made samples for. Crafters Inspiration 16 is due in the shops any day now and I have a double page spread in that featuring samples made with bakers twine. I have to give you a heads up on the foil and transfers and say that they are just amazing to work with and create the most special cards. The foils show will go out on Monday 23rd October so keep your eyes peeled here on my blog and on Hochanda. Of course I will be sharing with you the samples when they are due on TV.
...........................................
 
After all the strong winds of the last few days the leaves on our big Sycamore tree are starting to fall and Stu and me had a fun time last night, me raking them up and him burning them. I love the smell of fallen leaves and it brought back memories of running through them as a child. My sister has made a leap of faith and moved from Yorkshire to a village near me so I am thrilled to have my play mate back and we went on a shopping trip yesterday just like we used to before I moved to Lincolnshire. My niece is having her big 40th birthday at the end of October and I have to crack on and make her a card but I don't know weather to go for a foil card or a cutsie card like I usually make her. The foils are so gorgeous and definitely for a special birthday so I am leaning towards them at the moment, I will of course share it with you when its finished.
 
Do you remember in the summer that I painted and updated an old blanket box? Well this is the box now that its finished and at the foot of the bed. I love the stencil which I got from Ebay. The trouble with stencils is that they are addictive and I had to stop myself from doing more. The two teddies on the box are leftovers from when I used to have a craft stall and I made these teddies to sell (a long time ago now), they look a bit drunk leaning over like they are. I loved how the box turned out and it just looks right in my little cottage.
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the colours. Your blanket box is stunning too and the cute teddies look very happy there ;)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments Karen. I am rather proud of my blanket box. Xx

    ReplyDelete