Tuesday 4 July 2017

You couldn`t have Chrisrtmas without Robbins

This is a much more traditionally coloured Christmas card which I am sharing with you today and again it features one of the new stamps by Little Claire which will be launching on Friday morning at 11 on Hochanda. The base card is also a new product from Little Claire and also comes in red, they are £1.99 for a pack of 10 cards and envelopes.
 
 
what was used:
LC Designs stamp
small snowflake stamps
red card
cream linen card to stamp onto
gold mirri card
gold embossing powder
black Versa Fine ink pad
Versa Mark ink pad
gold liquid pearls
opal liquid pearls
decal edge scissors
Glamour Dust glitter
1cm wide green sentiment satin ribbon
1cm golden yellow faceted gem
 
This is a really easy card to make.
 
I stamped the image onto the cream linen card and coloured it in, cut it to size and dribbled the gold Liquid Pearls along the edge. Leave until completely dry and then mount onto mirri card.
 
I made the red background card by heat embossing golden snowflakes onto red card. I then cut the card to size using decal edge scissors and mounted it onto mirri card.
 
Its plain sailing from here on.
 
......................................................................
 
I am at work for the next six days so I was out in the garden with Stu yesterday trying to get the hedge cut now that the birds have finished nesting (its definitely a two man job). The hedge in our garden goes all around the perimeter of a 3/4 acre plot and it is a massive job to cut and not something that I look forward to doing. I tend to let Stu work the hedge trimmer as it makes my arm weak for days after with the vibration, so I was on tidying up and bagging up duties. Tiding up is not without its perils as the hedge is Hawthorn, wild Rose, Holly and fiercely stinging Nettles and always seems intent on causing as much pain as possible. I did manage to not get too beaten up by the hedge but any one walking on the outside must have heard a lot of bad language as I got pricked and hooked up on the thorns. It does look so much neater now that the sides have been cut but the top will have to wait until after the weekend and Stu can take a trip to the tip to empty the garden bags which are full and overflowing.
 
I managed to catch one of the Crafters Companion Scandinavian Christmas shows on Hochanda yesterday and as I suspected from looking at the design samples I really NEED quite a lot of the things I saw on the show. The samples were fabulous and Sara did a fantastic job with her domos. I did manage to stop myself from ordering straight away on impulse and will wait and see if they come up for sale on the Crafters Companion web site, so there goes my over time money.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great card, love the shaped base and who doesn't love a robin or 3 :)

    ReplyDelete