Wednesday 17 May 2017

Bring on the bling

I thought I`d show you this card which I made for Crafters Companion to promote their luxury cardstock which is just the most fantastic quality card but as you can see here it can be a bit blingy. The zip on the card was a necklace which I spotted whilst working in the cat shop and thought "I could do something with that"so 50p later I had my starting point for this project.
 
 
what was used:
Crafters Companion just for you words edge`able die
Crafters Companion luxury card stock - red and gold
Crafters Companion English garden grand floral dies
Crafters Companion opulent flourishes foil transfers
Crafters Companion gold foil
Crafters Companion Catitudes delicate floral embossing folder
Daisy punches
hole punches
mat black card
6" x 6" white base card
cheap plastic zip necklace
 
If you knew me you would know that I do not do bling either in my crafting or in real life so this card was challenging but I thought if its going to be showey lets really go for it (I could have made it even more blingy as there is a glitter card included in the luxury card stock pack).
 
Its really simple to make and the only points to note are to cut the word die once in the red card and once in the gold card and then put the gold letters onto the red die cut, also if you are using a glue it must be a water based glue such as Collal Tacky Glue because any other kind will bond with the shiny card and pull the colour off or leave a mark.
 
Good luck with finding another zip necklace but I`m sure you could improvise with a chain or something.
......................................................................................
 
I`m working at the cat shop this morning and it`s amazing what you can find in charity shops that can be turned into craft items. I mentioned on a previous post that I wanted to turn tea cups into pin cushions and of course the cups have come from the cat shop (I haven't even started that project yet). I remember my Mum going into charity shops looking for crochet patterns and I would stand outside as I didn't want anyone to see me in a charity shop, how times have changed because today you can`t get me out of them.
 I can`t wait for Friday when Crafters Inspiration comes into the shops, I haven't done a feature in this edition but I have seen the freebies that come with it and can`t wait to get playing with them.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment