Thursday 1 December 2016

A very thankful little Hedgehog

Hello crafty people on this frosty winters day, I am sharing a sunny looking card with you. It is a sample card I made a while ago for LC Designs and this week they have released for sale this cutie little Hedgehog stamp which has changeable words that make up his prickles. I chose to use the THANKS word as I find it`s always useful to have a few "thank you" cards on stand by especially after Christmas.
 
 
what I used:
Diesire create a card dies
Crafters Companion, Floral Delight embossing folder
Crafters Companion, English Country Garden, Grad Floral dies
Memory Box stitched cloud (style 99506)
Tattered Lace, essentials circles dies
small hole punch
Tonic small flower boot punch
paper leaves
6" x 6" base card
yellow floral paper from stash
white card to stamp onto and emboss onto
pink paper
 
This card has a lot of elements to it but it is fun to make. I had my first real play with my Brother Scan n Cut machine to make the leaves on this card, I am really pleased with them but if I hadn't been using that I would have made them with a die.
As always I coloured my card using water based paints and Tim Hotz distress inks.
 
............................................................................................
 
I read a post on FB the other day saying only 3 more Mondays till Christmas and this put me in a bit of a spin as 3 weeks is far too soon for all the things I have to do, but then Christmas Day is on a Sunday so it is really 4 weeks (phew that one week makes all the difference). Today I will be making my Christmas cake as its a cold day and a good time to have the oven on for a couple of hours, its a bit late in the day as I usually make mine in October but better late than never. I am feeling really festive this year and as we are finally into December I will indulge my Christmassy feelings with a bit of seasonal music whilst making my cake. I have seen a funny video on FB showing naughty cats climbing Christmas trees and I dread to think how my two little kittie live wires will react to ours when it goes up, I think we will be shouting timber a lot.
Whatever you are doing today I hope you have fun and stay warm.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful card,love the colours. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, love all the colours and the sweet little hedgehog. I know what you mean about the panic that we are in december already, I keep saying it but I really dont know where this year has gone !
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete