Wednesday 5 October 2016

Little girls grow up so fast

Hello, today I am sharing with you a card my friend asked me to make for her daughters 18th birthday. Her daughter loves horses and so this sweet little art pad image from Lili of the Valley was the first one I thought of. The brief was must say "happy 18th", must be horsey themed, must be larger than 6" x 6" and this card is 8" x 8" so I think I covered the brief.

 
what I used:
Lili of the Valley set 26 Here Comes Annabel art pad
8" x 8" white base card
NitWit Lovestruck Too downloaded paper pad
red paper to mat and layer
pink/red, green & teal paper/card scraps
good quality mat print paper
Crafters Companion Signature Collection Pretty Petals dies
Marianne Designs LR0271 leaf swirl die
2 x small flower punches
ring binder hole punch
Glamour Dust glitter
heavy lace & pink gingham ribbon
pearl embellishments and small pearl heart
 
This is a fairly straight forward mat and layered card but I made the sentiment in my Craft Artist graphics programme, the happy is Hudson 48.26pt and the 18th is Hudson 68.97pt, which were positioned together and coloured blue.
The swirly leaf die cuts were made of green card and covered with Glamour Dust glitter and left to dry before attaching to the card.
The lace is a heavy lace and I doubled it up to get the depth I needed.
The pink gingham bow is a slightly thinner ribbon than the gingham used across the lace but this is only because the bow was already made and in my scrap box.
 
My friend`s daughter was 18 last Friday and she said that she loved the card and had a really good birthday weekend. I think all birthdays should be on a Friday and last all weekend.
 
................................................................................................
 
I had a parcel delivered yesterday, it was from LC Designs and had a new butterfly stamp in it so I went straight to my craft room and made a card with it. I have loads of ideas how to use it and I want to do another make with it today. So I hope the stamp goes on sale soon so that I can share my makes with you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours and cute image. Bet they were delighted with it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Alli !! I agree with you Birthdays ought to be at the weekend !! Can't wait to see wht you do with the butterfly stamp....

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Alli, pretty papers and lots of lovely details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete