Thursday 18 August 2016

Ribbons make a world of difference

Hello everyone, I am sharing with you another Christmas card made using one of the LC Designs dinkie stamps which are on offer at the moment and this card shows you that even though the stamp is small you don't have to make a small card with it. Small stamps are definitely useful because you can make a large  card like this but then the stamp is small enough to use on a tag too. I am always looking at ribbons in shops, at markets and every now and then Brenda Exeter has a FB ribbon sale which I simply can`t resist so I think its fair to say I am hooked on ribbons and always like to put bows or ribbon on a card if I can. With this card I think the ribbons make it, especially the sheer/sparkly ribbon which I bought at one of Brendas sales.

 
what I used:
opal Liquid Pearls
gold Liquid Pearls
green Stickles
sheer/sparkley ribbon 1 1/2" wide
blue gingham ribbon and sentiment from stash
 
I cut a piece of card 3 3/4" x 6 3/4" and stamped the image on the bottom right of the card.
I masked the Hedgehogs, the star and 11/2" from the left of the card, then I shaded the image background using pastel chalks going from dark at the top to light at the bottom.
I removed the masks, coloured the image and used the Stickles and Liquid Pearls to colour the star, tree and snow (I added more snow dots than were stamped further up the card).
I wrapped the sheer/sparkles ribbon over the left side of the card and secured it at the back.
The topper is now finished apart from the bow and sentiment and ready to mat and layer onto your base card which in this case is 4 1/4" x 7 3/10".
 
Securing sheer ribbon is always a problem as glue and tape always show or even worse turn yellow so I thought making a topper was the best way of doing this but if you have a product that works for you please tell me about it.

A few days ago I had another parcel of Brendas lovely ribbons arrive and I am just itching to start using them (when I`ve stopped stroking them).
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. that ribbon is indeed gorgeous, but i think those sweeeeeeeeeeet hedgies-- and specifically how beautifully you've colored them-- are what "makes" this card for me! <3

    ReplyDelete