Wednesday 10 August 2016

I`m glad I got this off my chest

Hello crafty friends, I`m sharing a card today that I`ve been itching to make for well over a week now but other commitments got in the way however because of a mechanical malfunction with the hedge cutter yesterday (it broke) I had free time and shot off to my craft room with a big grin on my face. You may remember a few weeks ago I had a play with my newly bought Brushos and the result was less than impressive but I managed to catch Lesley Wharton on TV demonstrating them and I had been doing it all wrong and using far too much paint and water. This fantastically colourful background paper is what happened when I used the Brushos how Lesley had shown and I have to say I now love them and cant wait to play with them again (I think Lesley is on TV on Friday with what looks like metallic Brushos or a metallic finish to the artwork so I will have to try and remember to watch). The stamps arrived over a week ago and I knew exactly the card I wanted to make with them and this is it. I love it when a plan comes together - who was it used to say that?


what I used:
Tim Holtz Crazy Birds stamp and stencil set
Brusho Crystal Colours - Sandstone,Yellow Ochre, Rose Red
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
 
I used the square stencil which came with the stamps and distress ink to make a background pattern on some plum coloured paper.
The crazy bird I just stamped and coloured using distress inks and cut around the image.
The balloon I drew myself and shaded it to look like the shading on the bird, this was easy as the crazy birds are all quirky and so whatever the balloon had looked like it would have worked. I cut around the balloon as I did with the bird.
I used black embroidery thread for the balloon string.
 
The technique that I saw on TV for using the Brushos was to put a hole in the top of the individual Brusho pots using a notice board pin and keep this pin in place when not in use. This hole makes the pot like a salt shaker and the colours are shaken onto white card (not too much colour as you can always go back and add more when the card is dry) and then spritz with water. My first attempts were flooded with water and this made the colours all run into each other and make a muddy mess so try not to over water the paper as you can always go back and add more water or more paint when the paper is dry.
 
I love this colourful quirky card and I am already thinking that I will turn the birds into Robbins and use them on some quirky Christmas cards so watch this space.......
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment